Many of you can probably relate to Lynne’s story. You love spending time with your family, you like performing well at work, but when it’s time to take care of yourself, there’s not much time left in the day.
Despite all this, here are 4 great ways Lynne has found to still be training and active. I’m sharing these so you can hopefully turn a few “busy” hours into “me” hours.
4 easy ways to schedule exercise for busy moms
- Nap time or anytime your young one is sleeping. This includes early morning and after bed-time workouts. That being said, don’t neglect your sleep for the sake of working out! But if you can make it happen, do it!
Lynne training during Avery's mid-day nap a few days ago.
- Share a babysitter with a friend so you can go out without the kids. This includes double-dates with couples who have children. Have someone you trust watch all the kids while you go out for some active adult time.
- Ask your husband/partner to give you a few hours out of the house. I know this sounds easy, but some women still hesitate to do it. Even if they don’t know it yet, fathers love bonding with their little ones!
- Train at work or after work with a colleague. If you’re lucky enough to work at an office with or near a gym like Lynne does, you can enjoy some bouldering during your breaks or a yoga class after your shift.
What it takes
- Get organized by planning your workouts ahead of time and making them fit into your schedule, and pack appropriately.
- Seek support from the people around you! Your partner, your parents, your trusted nannie and your close friends can all help. It’s just a matter of asking.
Do you have other tips that could help busy moms like you find the time to exercise? Be sure to leave a comment below and share your experience!
You can also book your free consultation today to get started on your fitness journey!